Stupid QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 29, 2009
    This may have been asked a thousand times before but I am just trying to get a quick answer. Is it possible or is there an app that will allow me to use different sounds for different notifications? I have 4 different email accounts tied to my phone plus texting. Is it possible to have one tone for Yahoo a different one for GMail another for text messages ect.....? Right now the phone only has one tone for all notifications. Once again, sorry if this has been asked numerous times I'm just looking for a quick answer. This forum is great also !!!!

Thanks !!!!

2. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Gmail has its own sound notifications. You can have a different one for each Gmail account using the Gmail app. It's in the Gmail settings.

Text should have its own settings in the Messages app, too. Check the settings. I use Google Voice for text, and that app has it's own settings for sounds as well.

The only thing that uses the default notification sound is the Mail app.
  3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I have one for emails and one for text messages.

When you set your sound for notification in Menu-settings-sounds- notification sounds, it will set it for both emails and texts.

However, you can then go into your text messageing app and select a different notification sound there.

As far as different emails.... not sure.

Not a stupid question;)