Stupid Wallpaper Question

Last Updated:

1. BoogieNYC

BoogieNYC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I prepped a bunch of wallpapers, set them to the proper resolution for my Droid, but when I emailed myself one of them at proper resolution and attempted to make it a wallpaper, I get a rectangle that grabs about 20% of the entire image. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks in advance.

-B-

Advertisement
  2. IncrediblePower

IncrediblePower New Member

Same problem on Droid Inc.

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Member

It presents you with a selection window... you should be able to stretch it.

4. BoogieNYC

Thanks for the heads up -- I was able to stretch it. But is there any way to use a straight 480x800 image without having to truncate or otherwise make it smaller either in the native OS or even Launcher Pro? I was hoping to use a standard 480x800 image as my background, period.

Maybe by using some wallpaper manager 'ware?

Thanks again btw...

5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Member

I'm just figuring it out myself, but, see my comments here. Your phone's resolution is different, but I assume the principle is the same -- if you give it a picture in the correct aspect ratio (whatever that is in your case; not quite 4:3, I suspect), you should be able to resize the selector to exactly cover the picture. But only the central portion would be visible, until you swiped. At least that's how it is on my phone.

I'm not sure how this meshes with the ability to reorient to landscape mode. My i1 reorients in apps, but it won't do it with the desktop.

6. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

I've been toying with the wallpaper app from Zedge, and if I download, then apply a wallpaper, using the stretch to the max, it appears differently than if i let Zedge set the wallpaper.

If Zedge can do it, we should be able to as well. The question is how? I wish I knew...

7. BoogieNYC

I figured out the premise, which is the whole scrolling thing. But all I want is to be able to have one wallpaper at 480x800, no background scrolling, simple. But the landscape thing obviously kills it. Oh well.

It'd be nice if I could rip a wallpaper or two from the phone so I can figure out the proper resolution to set the new desktop pattern(s) LOL

8. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you guys, it very helpful, I'll make a try.

9. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

Interesting note. I sent an 800x600 image to my GMAIL account, previewed it on my phone, and selected "set as" from the options menu, choosing desktop wallpaper. When I got to the cropping thing, it allowed me to move the cropping bars completely to the edge of the image, instead of the way it acts on images from the memory card.