Stutter Live WallpapersSupport

Last Updated: 2012-06-19 10:57:35
  1. Itsme2ngy

Itsme2ngy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and thank you for reading my post :D

Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well? When I set live wallpaper on my one x, it runs quite smooth and beautiful. However, when I swipe left or right to switch the home screen, there's a light (2-3 seconds) pause of the live wallpaper. I'm not sure why this happens, the live wallpapers are the original ones came with the phone, having said that this glitch happens to live wallpapers download from Google play store, too. I tried customer service from the UK but they have no idea why. I'm running 1.28 update, the other one is not yet available.

I've tried wipe-all-data, restart the phone, force live wallpaper to stop, clear caches but nothing helps. Therefore, I'm asking you guys to help me out, I know you're better than those clueless people at HTC :)

Thank you in advance

Advertisement
  2. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Hello there, and welcome to Android Forums!

This is a known and common issue with Sense, we can hope that a future update HTC will release will address this issue (likely the Sense animation for swiping between screens is clunkily written, and momentarily uses resources the LWP -Live WallPaper- was using). I do not think the 1.29 update addresses this either (but I could be wrong on that)
    Itsme2ngy likes this.
  3. blacktea

blacktea Well-Known Member

Indeed, this is a problem with Sense 4 and the Tegra 3 Quad Core Processor. HTC has not addressed this problem yet as of now. As s.m.knipe said, we hope HTC will fix this in upcoming updates. And unfortunately, the 1.29 update still does not fix the problem. Live wallpapers are really beautiful, and I was also hoping I could take advantage of the One X's large and crisp screen to use live wallpapers, but unfortunately was disappointed on the first day as well.
    Itsme2ngy and s.m.knipe like this.
  4. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Oh, and just in case HTC tries to claim otherwise- is NOT an ICS issue, it is a Sense issue. It does not appear on stock ICS 4.0.4 on the Galaxy Nexus. I am not sure (yet) if it is limited to the Tegra 3 (in which case it could be a driver issue with that processor), but given Sense's history of being a resource hog, I am guessing not much was changed code-wise and it is still resource-heavy.
    Itsme2ngy likes this.
  5. Itsme2ngy

Itsme2ngy Well-Known Member

6. Its_Red

Its_Red Well-Known Member

It's definitely a Sense issue as I have Apex launcher installed and using the Beautiful widgets weather live wallpaper and there is absolutely no lag swiping across the home pages (I have tested it with the HTC wallpapers also with no lag). Hopefully HTC will sort this as I actually prefer the Sense interface and widgets at the moment.
  7. dryspuri

dryspuri Active Member

guys have a look at this video MWC 2012 : HTC One X - YouTube
    apparently shot at mwc 2012, while one x launch and you can see no stutter or stopping of live wallpaper why this should creep up now, please is there someone who does not have this issue
  8. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member

I don't get any live wallpaper hitching on my AT&T HOX, so it must be a problem specific to Sense on the Tegra 3 HOXs.
  9. InflatedTitan

InflatedTitan Active Member

Nor do I have this problem.. I've tried ALL of the stock live wallpapers, and also a few from the play store.. they all run very smooth on at&t's fire breathing snapdragon.. It's really weird to read everybody's troubles concerning the international quad core.. I've hardly read any bad things with the S4 snapdragon?
  10. blacktea

blacktea Well-Known Member

It's a HUUGE problem.. I loved live wallpapers on my Desire..
  11. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

I hope they solve it soon as the lava lamp wallpaper is ace and will be my used as my wallpaper once the freezing is sorted. i wont even mind the additional drain on the battery life :)
  12. huy_lonewolf

huy_lonewolf Well-Known Member

I can confirm that this is a problem with Tegra 3 version. I am currently running Sense 4 on my Sensation (Insertcoin Evolution) and there is no problem with live wallpaper. Snapdragon processors seem to be less buggy than Tegra 3.
  13. dryspuri

dryspuri Active Member

Thanks to you very much!!

I think its sense and tegra 3 related problem, anyway, i am gonna sell mine on ebay will get at&t version!!, will report back then!
  14. sayo9394

sayo9394 New Member

My sister has the HTC One X Quadcore (tegra 3 from Optus) and it has the live wallpaper lag, While my colleague has the HTC One XL (looks like the one on that video, from telstra) and the first thing i checked for was the lag which didn't exist...

so i'm guessing it's the CPU Architecture (tegra 3 issue)
  15. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

There's always something with these damn Android phones......

I'm using Nova Launcher, and it's as fast as I'd have expected the phone to be out of the box.