stuttering soundSupport

Last Updated:

1. kevingaywood

kevingaywood Member This Topic's Starter

hi all, just small problem i was wondering if anyone has come across before or might be able to shed some light on.

when playing music the sound stutters (approx 5 to 15 times per song).

the songs are in mp3 format stored on my sd card.

I've checked the mp3's on a pc and they are are fine and stutter free. (Also the stuttering points never occur in the same place on the song)

ive tried through head phones, and on the internal speaker - stutters are there in both instances.

ive tried several mp3 players from the market, but they all do it (including the basic one that came on the phone)

Just a note, i never noticed it before ugrading to 2.2 (might be coincidence)

any help, thanks.
    :)

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

Try rebooting your phone & see if that helps, if not go to settings/applications/manage applications & click on each app & clear each cache as this can often help.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Can you mount your SD card on PC and play on PC (from the card still) without stutter?

4. kevingaywood

kevingaywood Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys, thanks for the welcome and advice.

i had rebooted the phone already to no avail.

i've just done the cache thing and playing some songs, i'm about 3 songs in and so far no stuttering so that might just have done the trick. if i get some more stutters i'll try playing them on the pc directly off the sd card and see if its a problem with the card.

thanks again
    :)

5. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Sounds like it was caused by not enough free internal memory left free, just remember to clear your caches from time to time.