• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stylo 2 Verizon

kryptonyt

Aug 3, 2011
I got my Stylo 2 in Nov 2016 and there were problems immediately. Two weeks later Verizon gave me a grand new Stylo 2 in exchange for the one I had. It seemed that the new phone was free of the issues and it was obvious that it had a newer production number and came with more apps ( not interested in most of the games so I uninstalled them )

But after a while some of the problems returned. The most annoying one is the fact that people I talk to must hear something that leads them to all say similar words such as : " WHAT HAPPENED? " " ARE YOU THERE"?
" CAN YOU SAY THAT AGAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING IN AND OUT " and I put that in caps because everyone after awhile seem to be annoyed with me about the ability to hear me.
BUT, I tried an old Motorola Bluetooth ear piece and the problem is no existent. When the problems exist I hear no problem. They sound fine. I do not hear anything that suggests a problem exists.

Verizon want to send me " a new phone " but I learned from my last go around with them they only send reconditioned phones. So I'm trying to figure out if other who have this phone experience similar problem? Do all Stylo's on different carriers have similar problems?

Verizon tried trouble shooting the issue from somewhere out there??? I have no idea where the testing is taking place but I was told that my wifi signal in my home was weak. How and why did that happen and unless I am using the wifi feature which I turned off and the problems got better but did not go away.

To call 611 is like getting a deployment notice; it makes me nervous because the outcome is never good. I think I have Verizon PTSD. But I'll save that post for another time.

Has anyone had similar problems or does anyone have a solution to this issue besides the obvious which is to use the Bluetooth all the time.

But those are not the only problems. The touch screen seem to change it's sensitivity. There are times when it works as expected. Other times it's near impossible to take a call because touching it, hitting it with one finger and moving in the upward direction does nothing. I have lost calls TRYING to answer the calls. Double touching it to turn it on doesn't always work.

There are times that battery life is awesome and lasts 2 days. Other times it last most of the day but needs to be charged at night. I do not use data. I have the wifi on and sometimes the Bluetooth but location is off unless I need it and sometimes I even turn the wifi off. I can't associate the battery usage with anything specific.

Is there an app or a setting that will tell me what is using battery over the day?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones