1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Stylus, not note

1. Jon Davis

Jon Davis Well-Known Member

Anyone out there using a stylus on normal ICS phones? does ICS have better stylus support?
    Jon

Advertisement
    :
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

You know I haven't seen anyone use a stylus on an Android phone. Tablets, yes but phones no. However, I've read that ICS has native stylus support not sure if that makes it better or not. My friend has a Dagi stylus that he uses on his Asus Transformer TF300, IMO it works pretty well.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Phones don't do well with stylus because of the smaller screen and the large tips regular stylus has. The Galaxy Note line is using a special Wacom designed digitizer that allows it to use smaller tipped styli than normal, and that also detects the pressure you put into it.
  4. GJade

GJade Well-Known Member

I think the S3s are big enough that you can use a stylus. But for something under 4.3 inches, I really wouldnt use it. But the issue is carrying it around, unless there's a slot on the phone, like Note.
  5. ggraceg

ggraceg Active Member

I picked up my old stylus pen that I have for my iPad, but it's kind of pointless to use it on the S3. However, that's just my opinion as I tested it out for myself.
  6. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

has anyone bothered with the C-pen for the S3? Ive heard pretty mixed reviews
  7. Jon Davis

Jon Davis Well-Known Member

Also ; best buy sells the s pen for the Note 1. Will that work on Razr screen?
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

The S-Pen will not work on any non-Wacom screen. Which means basically it will only work for Note, Note II, Note 10.1 and Windows 8 Pro tablets.
    Jon Davis likes this.
  9. myshkin

myshkin Well-Known Member

I use a stylus on my PHONE when I am using Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile. I think pretty much all our screens are capacitive now, or "multitouch". Which means a stylus will work on your phone. I'm not ridiculous about it though, you don't see me texting or surfing using a stylus, I can't very well draw with my finger though. Amazon has them at great prices and whatever kind of tip you want.

Anna