Stylus won't workGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jstabe

jstabe Member

I've been wanting a stylus so I can write notes in class a little quicker. My mom's company sells them for cell phones and she was told their stylus's work on tablets too. Not true. I can't use it on my tablet and it doesn't work on my android phone either. The only thing I know to check is the keyboard settings and the handwriting stuff looks fine. Is there something else I need to do? Or should I be checking into a different stylus? If so, how do I know what kind? Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

I finally settled on on the Adonit JotPro with FreeNote for notes and Writer to do e-mails
    I only need basic sketches and Skecth Free works fine

As I work in Forestry, workplaces are outdoors so I have a screen protector on as well
    jstabe likes this.
  3. jstabe

jstabe Member

I tried LectureNotes and several other documents, but the stylus doesn't work at all.
  4. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

Hi, I don't know if you've figured out what was wrong yet, but you may want to check what type of stylus you got. For these devices, you need a capacitve stylus. If the packaging says it is compatible with iThingys then you're good. The ones that work for some phones and hand-held games such as the Nintendo DS won't work on these. I went through the same thing when looking for one.

Hope this helps,
    Carrie :)
  5. jstabe

jstabe Member

Thank you! She did grab the wrong kind. She's going to pick me up a capacitive stylus at work tomorrow.
  6. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

Great! Glad it isn't something more serious :)
  7. jstabe

jstabe Member

Me too!