1. wellington

wellington New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    Does any one know if a stylus will work on the magic as i have big fingers

love the phone though.:)

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

A regular stylus will NOT work with the phone. The old-style touch screen is based on pressure, it's called a "resistive" touchscreen. Thus a pen cap, credit card, or anything else could be used on them.

Android, iPhone and a lot of newer phones are using capacitive touchscreens. Basically the screen conducts electricity, and since the human body does too, finger touches, or even finger proximity can be read by the screen. A gloved hand or traditional stylus doesn't conduct electricity and can't be read by the touchscreen.

I know they have been working on styli for capacitive touchscreens, but from what I understand, they're not cheap, and they aren't reliable either. But if you want to look for one, you'll need to make sure it works with capacitive touchscreens.

3. gnur

gnur Active Member

There are some "iPhone" styli out there. They should work with android as well.

And thin gloves can be read by the phone ;)

4. cychan

cychan Member

I dump my iPhone and still got the stylus that I brought for the iPhone and it work with the Magic. I can say any stylus that work with iPhone will work on the Magic

5. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Every other stylus-related question I've seen ended up with a reference to the Stylus for Hero thread ... so I thought this one might do the same. :cool:

6. xMrsGfunkx

xMrsGfunkx New Member

I just orderd a stylus that said for iphones and EVERY OTHER TOUCH SCREEN PHN then i didn't see thee fine. Print at bottom of page said not for Android phones or Htc! Ugh! Its already shipped and it was only 12.99 soooo I will wait and let u kno! I hope so!!!