su adb hangs

Last Updated:

1. roman5x3

roman5x3 Member This Topic's Starter

I am following this: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/45764-guide-s-everything-root-related.html tutorial on rooting my droid and successfully ran the update.zip and am on to busybox which I was able to send to the droid w/o issue but when I go to run the su command it hangs; it does pop up on my droid asking if it should allow su permission to this and I say allow. (I have "terminal emulator" running on my droid at the moment, before that it would just give me permission denied and would not show me anything on my screen to allow or not su permissions.) I was able to run su w/i "terminal emulator" but when I go to execute (I was able to run chmod) busybox it gives me "permission denied." I am stuck not sure where to go from here. I want to finish this tutorial before moving on to something more complicated.
    Roman

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

A fast way to install busybox is download Titanium Backup from the market. Hit the "problems" button and it will install a good version of busybox. Not the most direct method but it does get the job done. Titanium is a must have application for rooted phones so it will be time well spent.

3. roman5x3

Thanx for the info but this still does not explain why I am not able to use su via adb. I get the feeling that I have to have something specific running on my phone to get it to work right. If I am right then I am at a loss as to what the software is.
    Roman

4. roman5x3

Figured it out! Had to be in the SU app for it to work.
    Roman