Su binary problemSupport

1. Rytiou

Rytiou Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

That's what I have. Its the most current version to my knowledge. Are you having another issue that you feel is caused by an outdated binary?
    You went to settings for the SU app and set a p.i.n. and checked notifications, and set "prompt" when an app requests permission right? SU app has to request and be given permission to work properly.
  3. Rytiou

Rytiou Member

Didnt work and i cant change pin since im not an elite user and it says in red text that my root shell is -rwxr-xr-x
  4. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

It should be rwsrwxrwx. That is exactly what mine has. Have you checked root with Root Checker?
    Edit- I had an issue with updating the binary, til I got Elite which allows you to get Superuser3. He never tells you how to get it, but, using Ghost mode triggers Play store to send you a notice for it.
  5. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

Legacy, I believe, is the chainfire binary. It's outdated as far as new systems are concerned.

Try this binary It comes from Chainsdd, so it will work with Superuser.
    Bama1993 likes this.
  6. Rytiou

Rytiou Member

Ok thanks but how do I manualy install the binary? Sorry this is my first time rooting a device.
  7. Motorhead1991

Take the file from the zip and push it like you would via the instructions.
  8. Rytiou

Rytiou Member

Im really sorry about this but can you help me once again because im trying to push it and im getting a stat error so if you can give the command(s) i would really appreciate it and again sorry im not very good at this stuff :(

-Edit When im trying to push the file its saying no such file or directory
  9. Motorhead1991

Does it share it's path with adb? (meaning, are they in the same folder).
  10. Rytiou

Rytiou Member

I tried it with it in the adb folder and im still getting the stat error :(
  11. Motorhead1991

Did you unzip the file? The binary should be inside it.
  12. Rytiou

Rytiou Member

I have the whole thing unzipped which file do I need the binary updater or what?
  13. Motorhead1991

there are two folders, META-INF and system. Inside system is a bin folder and in there is the su binary. Copy that to the same folder as adb and push it in.