1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

SU binary

Last Updated:

1. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member

Hi.
    Today my Super User updated itself on my rooted desire. This is the first time that SU has done anything since I rooted my device months ago. Now it's saying "su binary outdated" and tap to update.
    When I do, it says current version is 2.3.1-ef. Then it goes through a couple of things successfully the says "Gaining root access.....fail!"
    Any ideas what this is and why it won't update?

Cheers
    Daz

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

it doesnt update itself its a manual update
    uninstall the update and this should be posted into the root section
  3. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member

Ok. Sorry.
  4. micktee28

micktee28 Well-Known Member

Go here Superuser and download su-3.0.2-efgh-signed.zip its just before the comments on that page and then install that via recovery. That's how I managed to update the binary.
    Dampjorgers and madrover like this.
  5. madrover

madrover New Member

Finally!! :eek::eek: I've been looking everywhere for this! THANK YOU! :D
  6. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

This morning I opened the Android Market on my old Sprint HTC Hero for the first time in a while and SuperUser updated itself automatically. It was not even in the My Apps list because it came with the ROM I use and it had no check box to prevent the automatic update like some other apps do.

After it updated itself, it told me the SU binary was out of date, so I updated that and all seems well. I was just surprised that SuperUser automatically updated itself given that I never installed it from the Android Market in the first place because it came with the ROM.
  7. Rastaman-FB

hmm very odd, mine came up and told me there was an update but it said "manual" as there had been changes to it
  8. adskankster

adskankster Well-Known Member

I always thought that manual update is due to changes in permissions? If the changes were introduced at 3.0 and that's what version was in LBPHeretic's ROM, then there would be no new permissions change so no forced manual update?
  9. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

For what it is worth, I had an older version of SuperUser. It was not version 3.0 of SuperUser.

I did not mind it updating as I had heard it saw a major overhaul, but it was sort of weird that it gave me no choice to prevent it with the check box. I guess it just assumed automatic update because it was not in the My Apps list before and perhaps the permissions did not change. I have searched around a bit and see that others had their SuperUser automatically update too as seen here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18177410 .
  10. Rastaman-FB

i was not on 3 so maybe thats why
  11. adskankster

adskankster Well-Known Member

I'm on 2.3.6.3 and have a manual update indicated. I did think that was the latest before 3.0 (though I wouldn't have put money on it), but maybe not.

When I open it up it says it's up to date, which is interesting.
  12. swieder

swieder Member

Can someone send me or point me to su-3.0.2-efgh-signed.zip file? I tried to use 3.0.4 and it totally failed.

thanks,

Never mind I found the SU stockpile at http://goo-inside.me/superuser/