• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] SU binary

solmate9

Lurker
May 1, 2014
I bought an HTC One (M7). I depend on my phone to tether to to the internet. My daughter said she would help me unlock it and become my own "hot spot"?? Ya, that was a month ago. I got to a site that walked me through the process. Everything was going swimmingly, got completely through the process, downloaded a boot checker, and it says I'm not rooted. Something about an SU binary missing. I am completely clueless as to where to turn. Can anyone out there help me? My android version is 4.3

Hello and welcome solmate9!
No worries, we'll help you out:)
Now, a couple questions first...what carrier are you on?
And from what you are describing, do you mean "root and unlock the bootloader" when you say "unlock"?
Can you post a link to the root guide you were using?
Do you have the app superuser in your app drawer?
Before the procedure to root, were you not able to use the device as a hotspot before?

I know, I know, sorry for all the questions, but we needs to ask them :eek::

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
I don't know how to get back to you for sure. Let's see, I have Sprint. Yes, my phone says "Tampered and Unlocked" at the top of the screen when you hold down the power and volume down at the same time. I did all the steps from QbKing77 | Your Tech Simplified. I have something that looks like a superman symbol in my apps that I downloaded from play store? Oh, no I was not able to be wi-fi and tether before root procedure.

Upvote 0
ok, thanks:)
I can't view the video at the moment with sound at work here, but I think this is the final link to what you did?
QbKing77 | Your Tech Simplified

Also, I am going to move this thread into the root forum for your carrier/device..
So, stand by, and I will private message you with the link to the new location for your thread.
:D

No worries..we'll help:)

Upvote 0
Where is private message? How do I get there?

Well, you found your thread I see, but to get to your private messages, look towards the upper right part of the thread where it says "Welcome solmate9" and underneath it will have the text "private messages". Click on that text, and it will bring you to your private messages.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones