• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
ok what i want to do is read the stl5 file off the phone . but i cant root the phone to copy the stl5 file. i keep reading that there is a way of read the file but it will brick the phone ..and at the point a dont care it a brick the phone

is there a way to root with a sdcard an samsung recovery

Upvote 0
Couldn't you still copy it with a standard file manager? You don't need to be rooted to find the file and forward it to yourself in an email (I don't think.)
A few months ago I copied my cousin's Cloud.ogg notification ringtone from the /system folder on her galaxy tab. Bluetooth'd it to my Asus transformer and used it as my notification ringtone. Her galaxy tab wasn't rooted. Just try to go there with something like astro manager and send it to yourself somehow. Read-only doesn't mean no-access

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones