1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

su or superuserGeneral

Last Updated:

1. creed7727

creed7727 Member

need a hand here all have a phone with a bad usb i need to read the stl5 file and i think i need su or super user . but can not root it becouse of the usb port. i don't care it i brick the samsung just need to get the file off it . need help......

Advertisement
  2. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Well-Known Member

SU is super user. But i do not understand the rest. o_O?
  3. creed7727

creed7727 Member

ok what i want to do is read the stl5 file off the phone . but i cant root the phone to copy the stl5 file. i keep reading that there is a way of read the file but it will brick the phone ..and at the point a dont care it a brick the phone

is there a way to root with a sdcard an samsung recovery
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

There is no alternative to rooting... no working USB= no root

The alternative to getting the nv items would be to read the file with a CDMA workshop type program, which is touchy with the prevail... and would still require a working USB port
  5. creed10

creed10 Well-Known Member

Couldn't you still copy it with a standard file manager? You don't need to be rooted to find the file and forward it to yourself in an email (I don't think.)
    A few months ago I copied my cousin's Cloud.ogg notification ringtone from the /system folder on her galaxy tab. Bluetooth'd it to my Asus transformer and used it as my notification ringtone. Her galaxy tab wasn't rooted. Just try to go there with something like astro manager and send it to yourself somehow. Read-only doesn't mean no-access
  6. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Stl5 isn't /system tho... It's your nv data... If it was in /system it would be formatted when you wipe... It requires su or cdma...
  7. creed10

creed10 Well-Known Member

Oh, okay