Sub Forums

1. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Why were they moved to the bottom of the page? They were simpler to access when they were at the top.

Advertisement
    Kelmar likes this.
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I like them at the bottom. I no longer am required to scroll over them EVERY time I enter a forum and yet they are still there for ready access when I want them ... just scroll down.

... Thom
  3. SirEagle

Thanks for the input Thom. I should have made a poll.
  4. SirEagle

At least they gave us a link to click on if we want to get down there without scrolling. Man are some of us lazy or what.......... :laugh:
  5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I agree, they were more useful and efficient at the top. :)
  6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I can see the arguments of both sides.

On one hand, AF isn't known to be a huge developer's community and the main attraction is our community and our ability to welcome all comers and offer help for general. This way, they can get right to the threads and the community and that's our forte

On the other hand, there are enough rooters that they will notice it, and it also becomes a pain in non device forums like in the lounge and what not where the subforums are really completely different sections, not a select subset.

So either way, there's going to be some who like it and some who hate it.
  7. Thom

In software design/website design this is where options come in. Support it both ways and let the visitor configure which way they want it presented.

... Thom
    Kelmar likes this.
  8. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I could probably code it to let it be preferable in User CP yet default at bottom. Would be a fun little project, will add to to-do.
    NightAngel79, Atma, D-U-R-X and 11 others like this.
  9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Please do! I really prefer them at the top. :)
  10. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

I've tried to get used to it over the last few weeks, but have to say that I still prefer them at the top too.
  11. Recoil1

Recoil1 Well-Known Member

It is not just having to scroll all the way to the bottom. That is just a small annoyance but with a free spinning mouse wheel it doesn't really bother me. The biggest problem is now the Newbs coming to check out the new phone they just got and don't know anything about rooting will not be exposed to it. As by the time they scoll all the way down (if they even do) they have probably gone through a lot of threads already and see the stuff at the bottom as useless filler and never even click on a link to expose them to what their phone is truly capable of.
  12. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Choice is good! (Where have we heard that before ;))
  13. jhawkkw

That would be so awesome.
  14. Thom

That would be great.

There is another little nuance that I think would also be helpful. Add two "buttons" to each page.

A "button" at the top would take you all the way to the bottom of the forum list.

A "button" at the bottom would take you all the way to the top of the forum list.

With that you could get to where you would not have to scroll.

... Thom
  15. Phases

You now have the option in your UserCP "edit options" section. :)

("Thread Display Options")
  16. Thom

Thank you.

... Thom
  17. jhawkkw

Awesome! Thank you. :)
  18. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Excellent!
  19. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Much better :)
  20. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

Thanks! :)
  21. SirEagle

Thank You
  22. Phases

23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Thanks, Phases! :)
    Is this something worthy of putting in the site update sticky, or feasible? Feel like it's important to get the message out to folks who were upset with the previous change.
  24. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

It's linked at the top of the page now, so one click and you're making the change.

Thanks Phases! :)
    palmtree5 likes this.
  25. Phases