Subforum for Rooted phones

Last Updated:

1. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Are we at a point where we need a subforum for rooted Heros? Lately I've been seeing a lot of suggestions, apps, discussion that is only applicable to rooted phones and the thread doesn't always specify that its for rooted only.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I like the idea, but I see some potential problems too.

What happens when the new user comes to the forums and doesn't get their question answered because no one checks the non-rooted forum? Are you also suggesting an "app sub-forum" for discussions of apps for the hero, general discussion of the hero, etc?

I think an easier solution would be if people just write something in the title such as "[ROOTED] Problem loading ________ "

It's all a nasty catch 22 though....

3. SamXp

I like your suggestion, as a short term solution. I do believe that a new user is simply going to check the Spritn HTC Hero forum, and if they become experienced enough to root, then they'll recognize the subforum. Also, searches generally include subforums, if someone is looking for an answer to a question related to rooted phones.

4. NoNeck

NoNeck Well-Known Member

Agree

5. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

There's already too many sub-forums, we don't need another one IMO.

6. SamXp

You do realize it wouldn't show up on the main page? It would only be a sub forum of the Sprint HTC Hero.

7. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

I agree. Too much segregation leads to questions not getting answered, frustration, and a general break down of the community. You will get knowledgeable users who only hang out in the rooted forum because their phone is, well, rooted and then they aren't answering questions in the "main" Hero forum. It will also lead to a lot more duplicate questions which is daunting for users overall. I