Submit buttons are unstyled in browserSupport

Last Updated:

1. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a very strange problem with 'submit' inputs on my browser.

First, I'm running Virtuous.

Here's the problem:
    Submit buttons on my phone are unstyled. I just see the text. It doesn't break their function, but it's been bothering me. Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

The word "Submit" is a button. As you can plainly see, there is no styling on it, so it just looks like text.

It doesn't only do this on the stock browser; it's doing the same thing on Dolphin HD.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

The reason you are seeing text is because for what ever reason your browsers are not downloading the images. The text you see is from a alt tag for when browsers fail to download the image. I know that wasn't at all helpful but at least you understand what is happening. BTW, it sounds like a Javascript error.

3. crazydog

It is downloading images. Don't you see the image right below? The HTML submit input type is also NOT an image, it's part of the browser. There's no 'alt' attribute for the <input> tag when the type=submit.

Also, it is NOT a javascript error. HTML forms have NOTHING to do with javascript!

This is the page I was on for the example. See the "submit button" section. It's a standard submit button.
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

4. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I assumed it was a Javascript button. If you had been specific in your original post I wouldn't have had to assumed this.

I am familiar with the HTML form submit button. But, to say that it is part of the Browser is actually incorrect. And, I'll also point out that form inputs can have an ALT tag; although it is optional and is seldom if ever used since it isn't at all necessary. Thanks for pointing out the obvious that it isn't a Javascript error since it's a HTML form especially with childish all capitalized words and a tidy exclamation point at the end. No really, thanks for that. Again, if you had bothered to take the time to be specific in your original post or even had taken the time to share the link I wouldn't have assumed.

Oh, and by the way; the page you've linked to renders perfectly on my Incredible. You seem to be quite knowledgeable; please let us all know what the problem was when you figure it out.

5. crazydog

Problem: The browser does not render a style for the buttom