Subtitles in Movie Player

Last Updated:

1. EpicFan

EpicFan Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have Avatar on my Epic 4G but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the subtitles to work. I created a new folder in my file manager, named it "subtitles" and added the .srt subtitle file for avatar but I get nothing. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

I don't think the epic 4g supports subtitles natively, you might try an app that supports srt subtitles. I use RockPlayer, that might work for you.

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

FYI on the Galaxy S 2.2.1 JPU update subtitles work in the inbuilt player - just watched a little of a 720P MKV with subtitles on JPU. Sweet. My bloody PS3 can't even play those! I'd see if you can grab a current apk from XDA developers.

Noticed after copying the file across that the media scanner is much faster to scan my 32GB card on this firmware. Nice.

EDIT: Even better than I thought - in settings there are now subtitle options - you can choose text size and colour and even change how they are sync'd - so if there are sync issues you can fix them from within the app! Brilliant.

4. Kumimono

Kumimono Member

Humm, I wonder where that JPU update is available... Mine's JPP, I believe, and doesn't support subs. (Which format are your subs, anyway? ASS?) mVideoplayer supports them, albeit a bit intermittently... I need to surf around the settings for a while, and then they start to work, no idea why... Not optimal. :) Anyways, none of the players I've tried seem to like 25 fps videos, video gets left behind...

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

So far I've watched a few videos, some MKVs with internal subs (note that those are different than hardcoded subs which are part of the picture), and some divx with .srt subs. Pretty much all of my subs are .srt, if I came across other formats I'd probably convert them to .srt if they didn't work.