1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SubtitlesSupport

1. Mister Epic

Mister Epic New Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to rip a Blu-Ray movie for my Samsung Galaxy S II. I'd like the resulting movie file to have multiple subtitles tracks, so I can choose on my GSII.

I've been trying multiple ways. First of all, I've ripped the movie in MKV and I've got the SRT subtitles from a website. I've tried to name the MKV "Movie.mkv" and the subtitles to "Movie.EN.srt" and "Movie.FR.srt", and then putting each file in the same folder (I also did the same with AVI). I've also tried to embed the subtitles directly in the MKV file. The video could be played, but I couldn't activate a subtitle track.

I'm trying on its stock video player, and it's supposed to support subtitles. If you're gonna suggest third-party apps, then make sure there's absolutely no other way than this.

Also, I know how to make any video file formats. That means you can suggest me to use another file format. I can also convert my SRT subtitles to other formats.

What should I do to be able to activate, deactivate and choose between subtitles on my Samsung Galaxy S II?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Twinn

Twinn Well-Known Member

Try mvideoplayer
  3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Dice Player is the best video player for the SGSII (and any phone that it supports basically). It can handle embedded subs, and if there are multiple subtitles then you get to choose which you'd like to use when you start playing the file.
  4. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

MX Video is great too. i havent tried the subs thing but i read a lot of reviews where many people call it the best (free) video player for android. i tried mvideoplayer and prefer MX :)
    jsgogeta likes this.