• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Success!! WiFi Tethering!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Going out to buy Samsung Indulge - Whats needed for WiFi LTE tethering?

THis is my FIRST ANDRIOD EVER. So pls be patient when listing instructions on how to configure, as I'm coming from a blackberry:D.

Also, I live in NYC - anyone have any tested speeds for tethering on 4G LTE network here?

Root your phone
By someone who knows what they are doing

Upvote 0
So it does not seem as though anyone has been able to resolve the password for the Wi-Fi HotSpot on the Samsung 4G Galaxy Indulge yet. I can see it on any device but can not attach. Getting Network Security Key Mismatch error.

Don't even waste your time trying to get that to work. Metro/Samsung have borked it up beyond repair. Just follow the instructions below.

I'm Going out to buy Samsung Indulge - Whats needed for WiFi LTE tethering?

THis is my FIRST ANDRIOD EVER. So pls be patient when listing instructions on how to configure, as I'm coming from a blackberry:D.

Also, I live in NYC - anyone have any tested speeds for tethering on 4G LTE network here?

1.First, you need to root your phone. Complete instructions here:
[ROOT][CWM][R910/R915][GPL] Indulge All in One Root and ClockworkMod for Win/Intel Mac/Linux

2.Then you will need to install android-wifi-tether v.3.0-pre12. Make sure you get this specific version (at the time of this writing, there are some issues with the newer versions, do not use them)! Currently, it can be found at the following link (if this link ever breaks, just google for "android wifi tether 3.0 pre 12"):
wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre12 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

3.After you install wifi tether (click on the above link from your phone), open it and allow superuser. Then you need to set the device profile to "Samsung Epic 4G" (press menu button->Settings->Change Device-Profile->Samsung Epic 4G).

4.If you find this functionality useful, please consider donating to the devs who have made it possible!

Reactions: Scrollocked
Upvote 0
Access control is enabled and white listed to evo 4g. The type of network says public. That may be why I have limited access. I don't know how to change from public to home network. Any help?

I found out my rom has tether hotspot built in and I don't need to use WiFi Tether. Just click on Tether Hotspot, connect to pc and away we go.

I don't believe my carrier will charge for using this?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones