Root Successfully returned bricked phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeff_af_80, Aug 18, 2010.

1. jeff_af_80

jeff_af_80 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    So, after being rooted and happily running KaosFroyo i noticed my phone was still buggy and started wondering if possibly i just had bad hardware. Only problem is u obviously cant turn in a rooted phone for troubleshooting so i tried to flash over the official Verizon RUU for 2.1. Well needless to say it was a disaster and i bricked it pretty good. (it wouldnt boot passed the three droids on skateboards) so i brought it in and told them exactly that. (it wouldnt boot) So they gave me "certified like new" Eris on the spot. I put that in quotations because the Verizon reps made a point of correcting me every time i said refurb. So much to my enjoyment i took my "certified like new" Eris home slapped on a 20 dollar Zagg protector and proceeded to root it. Now wouldnt you know i changed my ringtone and previewed it only to find the external speaker blown...FML, i go back to verizon get my second "certified like new" Eris at the loss of a 20 dollar screen protector, that the store could have cared less about, even though i still feel they should be held somewhat accountable for that. So long story short im on my third Eris rooted and running KaosFroyo and i must say im quite pleased..all the bugginess seems to have ironed out and i feel as i can once again tolerate my first gen outdated smartphone.....

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald  
    Guide

Jan 7, 2010
    ... note to self ... if ever getting certified, like-new Eris replacement from Verizon Wireless Store, test everything before you leave the store ...

jeff_af_80 likes this.