Sudden battery discharge problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. morphemass

morphemass New Member This Topic's Starter

So over the last week I've seen my Milestone develop some strange behaviour where overnight it will drop from 40-100% (depending) battery power to dead. This is after killing all open applications so I am reasonably certain its not a case of having left multiple apps running.

It seems variable as to when this will happen - I've had the phone with me while out and about and the battery has gone 36 hours without a recharge following minimal usage. Yesterday I recharged in the evening and the phone was dead less than 12 hours later.

This is rendering the phone pretty much unusable and I am at a loss to explain the behaviour since the one time I have picked the phone up before it was fully discharged in a similar situation the largest user of the battery was claimed to be the DISPLAY! (and I could SEE that that had been off).

Any advice in trouble shooting this issue?

Advertisement
  2. GDVS

GDVS Active Member

I've had exactly the same issue myself, I too am mystified by it. I just wrote it off as one of those things however now I've seen someone else have the same problem my concerns levels have gone up a tad.

3. celios

celios Well-Known Member

It could be an app gone bad - you two should see if you have any 3rd party stuff in common.

It could also be something like you losing network signal or being in an area where the phone has marginal 3G reception and it's swapping between 2G/3G very frequently.

I generally switch my phone off at night, but when I've been up late I have seen occasions when our local 3G service stops (for maintenance I imagine) and does not start again until 8am the next day.

4. morphemass

morphemass New Member This Topic's Starter

The later sounds like a possibility - where I live, reception is very variable. I'll keep an eye on that.

Comparing apps would be a waste of time since I'm an app whore trying out tons of different stuff; I've had an uninstall of everything I don't really use so I am trying to narrow it down if it is that.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

5. deputynl

deputynl Member

For me it was bluetooth (taking 30% of the battery power even when not connected!) and a weather widget on my home screen.

Try switching Bluetooth off, check the reception in your bedroom (when that is low, it will use a lot of power trying to stay connected to the network) and disable all your widgets and see what that brings.

I can use the phone now for two days with 30 mins of calling, 2 hours of bluetooth carkit connectivity, syncing mail once an hour and surfing the web for about 1 hour a day.