sudden battery drain?

Last Updated:

1. giggalz

giggalz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i've had my phone rooted with sensable...i recently about two weeks ago rerooted it again with it..i was going to put another rom on but it didnt work out so great so i went back to sensable...its been fine..until yesterday my battery is drained within an hour...and its not even being used...the status light at the top doesnt blink..i've set to not get notifications for emails...no text messages either..so how on earth do i fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I'd start by doing a live battery pull. Next I'd go into applications > running services and see what's running. Following that I'd go into application manager and do a force stop on all apps in the "running" category tab, one at a time testing the battery drain of each one (takes some time, but well worth it).

Then I'd go into the configuration area for each app just stopped and see what is set to update in the background.

The live battery pull might remedy the issue first, though.

3. giggalz

lol i'm an ex storm user..battery pull is always my first trick lol..thank you will try this..i read somewhere about downloading spare parts app

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It could be a runaway, looping sync. Do you see the sync indicator in the status bar always? If you into settings->accounts and sync, is one of your accounts always syncing?

5. Frisco

Spare Parts can give you a bit of extra control over things such as boot, window and transition animations, etc.

Apps2sd, haptic feedback.. and so on.

6. giggalz

okay well gmail is only suppose to sync up when i open my email account...fb is every 2 hours and the weather is every 3

7. giggalz

frisco...well with many things that i've tried to do..i get these programs and when i look at them they make no sense to me..its like okay now what do i do with it..i downloaded spare parts..i dont know what its telling me lol..

8. giggalz

oddly i couldnt find either of these two during a search to try them out

9. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Another way to watch what is going on with the battery currently is going to your Settings app, and scroll to the bottom to About Phone. In there, check out the Battery Use stats. This only works with the phone when it is unplugged though. With Spare Parts, you can check out usage for each app that has been opened. It will give you how long it's been running and how many times you've started the app and what not. You can sort by tapping Battery History then the top button will give you other options to check out. It can be a bit confusing, which is why I prefer watching it with the Settings app. If it were me though, I'd just switch roms to see if that's the issue. Just create a Nandroid of the one you are on in case you're sold on it for whatever other reason.

10. Frisco

The haptic feedback toggle is in the "basic spare parts settings" menu at the very bottom of the main menu.

Apps2sd is on the main menu near the top.