• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sudden battery drainage while on lte network

jodie1013

Lurker
Apr 27, 2012
I have a galaxy s2 lte and i noticed that the battery started draining like crazy for the past week. I normally use the lte network and it would never drain this fast before. When i charge it, it would either stay at the same percentage (even overnight) or charge really slowly. I factory reset it but it didnt make a difference at all. I noticed that most of the time it would drain but once in a while it would act normal. So I decided to change it to 4G network and see if the same thing would happen but my phones battery has actually been stable while on this network. It even charges properly while I am on it. I know that the lte network uses more battery than the 4G network but I havent experienced this sort of drainage until this week. I have already arranged to have my phone sent into samsung but I was wondering if I should even send it in because Im not sure if they will even consider this a problem since it only occurs while im using lte. Any input would be appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones