• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden Battery Problems

Hello

Does anyone know if there has been a recent change in apps or anything else with Verizon to cause DroidX battery life to drop substantially in the last couple of weeks?

I have read lots of stuff on the web after a google search but have not found anything definitive.

--

In the last few days or perhaps a week or 2 the battery life on our Droid Xs has taken a dive. Were overnight, sitting by the bed and not in use (by a human) it would drop about 10% it is now dropping about 80%.

My phone is 1 year old and my wife's is a replacement after other Droid X issues. Settings have not been changed (to our knowledge).

Battery usage:
Phone idle: around 33% overnight.
Display: around 17% overnight and 30+% during the day.
Cell Standby ~20%
Wi-FI ~5%. on wifi overnight and most of the day.
The rest are low %'s except for
Kayak which has registered 22%! I wonder if this is the culprit, though 22% is not enough to cause an increase of 70% in battery drop. Uninstalled to test.

Some things that have happened coincidently at around the same time.

RIght at this time we enquired about an upgrade with Verizon. Doubt his has anything to do with it but who knows :)

Recent SW updates - I remember updating Google Maps, Bump, Facebook, Pandora (maybe), Where's My Droid and a few others. Not sure about Kayak.

The system has not been updated in a long time. Currently 2.3.3.

There had been a slow decline over the year in battery life but this recent drop has really taken that to a new level.

Compared with the iPhone 3 (G? S? can't remember) - the iPhone's battery is still superb after maybe 4 years.

Hello

Does anyone know if there has been a recent change in apps or anything else with Verizon to cause DroidX battery life to drop substantially in the last couple of weeks?

I have read lots of stuff on the web after a google search but have not found anything definitive.

--

In the last few days or perhaps a week or 2 the battery life on our Droid Xs has taken a dive. Were overnight, sitting by the bed and not in use (by a human) it would drop about 10% it is now dropping about 80%.

My phone is 1 year old and my wife's is a replacement after other Droid X issues. Settings have not been changed (to our knowledge).

Battery usage:
Phone idle: around 33% overnight.
Display: around 17% overnight and 30+% during the day.
Cell Standby ~20%
Wi-FI ~5%. on wifi overnight and most of the day.
The rest are low %'s except for
Kayak which has registered 22%! I wonder if this is the culprit, though 22% is not enough to cause an increase of 70% in battery drop. Uninstalled to test.

Some things that have happened coincidently at around the same time.

RIght at this time we enquired about an upgrade with Verizon. Doubt his has anything to do with it but who knows :)

Recent SW updates - I remember updating Google Maps, Bump, Facebook, Pandora (maybe), Where's My Droid and a few others. Not sure about Kayak.

The system has not been updated in a long time. Currently 2.3.3.

There had been a slow decline over the year in battery life but this recent drop has really taken that to a new level.

Compared with the iPhone 3 (G? S? can't remember) - the iPhone's battery is still superb after maybe 4 years.

I use a custom rom on me's Droid X i get the best battery life with this rom
and speed with everything really. something is running on your phone to cause that drop,to heat will cut battery life,bad charger, bad wall outlet while
charging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones