Sudden call termination issueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. onthefence

onthefence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

While it is normal for cell phones to have dropped calls, sometimes my phone wigs out and won't let me call at all. Just curious if anyone has experienced this.

Usually when it happens, if i try to redial the number I was connected to, it'll try to call but then immediately terminate(like after 1 second). I usually try about 3 times and then I just wait patiently for awhile and it comes back. This morning it did it again and I looked at the status bar and noticed that it was syncing. (I had auto-sync on)

So that made me wonder if somehow the sync had something to do with it. I will pay more attention to this next time, but has anyone else had similar experiences?

Again, it's not like it's a bad reception area and progressively gets worse and then drops. It's all of a sudden and the problem usually persists for awhile. I'm wondering if I need to take mine in for replacement if it continues.

Advertisement
  2. Randy_G1

Randy_G1 Member

Yup, I've had this as well. I hadn't noticed if there was Synching going on. I'll watch for that. When it happened a couple of times I would attempt to redial and it would act as if it was 'dialing' but then make no further progress and there was nothing audible in my earpiece.
    I still love my phone however my girlfriend want to take an axe to it when it does this.

3. kevstv

kevstv Active Member

I've experienced the same, dropped calls, calls not received, messages not received, all when I've got full signal. I seem to have pinpointed it to 3g. If I turn the 3g off, the problem goes away. Is really annoying and am yet to find an explanation as to why the 3g is causing this????

Just to add. I know it is not the phone because this my 2nd G1 and it happened on both, also I had a SE phone few years back which had similar problems with 3g.

4. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

I've noticed that if I am in an area on the edge of 3g, the phone in general gets a bit wonky. It seems as if it devotes all its attention to making that 3g conn at all costs. Could be the 3g side is still having growing pains, I'm pretty sure they just went live with it in q4 of last year.