• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden car bluetooth issue

psyxologos

Jul 8, 2010
Lancaster, Lancashire
I have paired my car (BMW 330) with my HTC Desire and it all was working well. Last night though, after putting the 'bluetooth file transfer' widget on my home screen and turning bluetooth and visibility on, the phone kept connecting to the car and after a short while was losing the connection. I am not sure if it was the widget causing the problem, but I removed it from my home screen, restarted the phone and went shopping. When I got back I noticed that the phone was connecting to the car and the two stayed happy with one another until I got home, some 45 minutes later. I also noticed that on the 'bluetooth file transfer' widget one button was for 'making the phone visible for 300 seconds' while if I go through settings the visibility time is 119 seconds. Could this have something to do with my problem?

Has anyone had this sort of problem? Do you know if froyo will help with bluetooth connectivity issues?

I have a problem with my Bluetooth car speaker/mic when streaming audio to it. The problem I get is that the connection is intermittent and cuts the music out every few seconds. This was driving me crazy until I found that turning wifi off solved the problem.

Obviously what was happening is that although the wifi wasn't connected to anything whilst driving, it was searching for access points in the background to try and connect to (working as normal) but doing this affected the Bluetooth connection causing it to drop out.

I guess this is a bug so I might email HTC about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones