• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden increase in volume while playing music

Hello All,

My phone has been doing a weird thing this morning. I've got it playing music using Power Amp (paid version). It's been fine for a couple of weeks. Today, sitting all by itself playing music softly, suddenly the phone cranks the volume all the way up. I don't have an explanation for this. I took off the case thinking a bad fit might be pushing on the volume control but it did this little trick without the case on. I'm going to try a reboot and try it again. If anyone has seen this before, please let me know.
Thanks,
Matt

I noticed this morning it did it while I was streaming CNN, so no MP3 player issue. It seems to happen when I get a notification, but not all notifications. When my battery full notification went off, the volume immediately went up all the way. When I got a Gmail notification, nothing happened. There's a setting somewhere or a bug, not sure. Hopefully I will find it, or it will go away when KitKat comes... I listen to music and news constantly and so I've noticed this a lot since yesterday. I've only had the phone for about 10 days, so not super familiar with it.
Matt

Upvote 0
One is that the device was plugged up so if the battery became full and you was streaming or watching a video this would happen . now when it was unplugged does it happen

Yes it did the morning, on both SiriusXM app and on PowerAmp MP3 App. I just found a setting in Poweramp that might have causes it called "Direct Volume Control" which comes with a compatability warning and it says it may cause volune issues in some devices. I have unchecked it and so far so good. Not sure why it would happen on Sirius XM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones