Sudden Random problems with facebook app, lockscreen and other

Last Updated:

1. VPhoenix

VPhoenix New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright.. I had a Motoq9M for a couple of years.. and such a bad experience.. I was skeptical about EVER buying another motorola again.. Alas.. I refuse to give up my verizon coverage.. and bought a Droid.. aand Im ALMOST hopeless with some of this stuff. The first week everything worked great, then as I started adding apps, things have gotten hinky.

Problem 1:
    I set up a "lock pattern" and my screen's timeout time is 30sec. Whenever I'd make a call even after I'd unlock it.. or I've answered the phone and unlocked it.. literally 2-3 secs later.. the phone would blackout and lock again.. WTF? soo.. i disabled the lock option.. problem solved.. but now I don't want to re-lock it if it's going to bug up again.

Problem 2:
    I seem to have an unremovable facebook app... can't delete it from settings, and I can't delete it with an un-install app it doesn't even show up to look at in app management in settings.. uhh Help.. because
    I USED to be able to go to a friends photos, and choose the "set as" option as a contact photo or a wallpaper.. it started to only do it once in a while .. and now I can't do it at all.. I REALLY want that ability back.

Problem 3:
    half the time I go into my task killer, and apps I've never even touched to activate are randomly running in the background.. and when i go to look at my SD card space availability and its says unavailable.. WTF?

Are these just little bugs that I'm going to have to live with? Please bear with me and help me fix them please!

Advertisement
  2. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

1. Not sure if youre talking about the sensor that turns the screen off when its next to your face so you dont hit buttons and what not while on a call, but if so thats whats happening.

2. Facebook app is stuck on the phone you can't remove it. Go into the setting and go to sync setting and sync all contacts that should put all your facebook friends profile pictures as their contact id in your phone. It's been my experience that the Stock Facebook app kinda blows. Always popping up random connection errors and time out errors and shit, but i just deal with it. Did you try logging out and then back in? It may solve some of your problems. Also, a good alternative (with push notifications) is the Bloo Facebook app; and its free.

3. Some apps will just start on their own when you start the phone or when you start certain applications, others will start as well. It just happens, nothing to worry about. (Im pretty sure Alarm clock is one of the ones youre seeing start randomly, because it just does that lol)

Hope this helps :)

VPhoenix likes this.
  3. VPhoenix

VPhoenix New Member This Topic's Starter

shizzy1427:

Thanks
    1: ur probably right.. hence y i will keep it unlocked.. ha.
    2. Yea i tried logging out, logging in, closing it, opening it; I think my earlier capabilities of choosing whatever pics i wanted from facebook are gone. I don't wanna sync my facebook contacts .. but thanks for the insight.
    3. Thanks that helped alot.

4. Bloo: i see alot of neg feedback about it.. not sure if i reallly want to try it..

4. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

No prob :] I dont really like Bloo either but its everyone's favorite around here lol. The only thing i really like is it has push notifications, the rest of the app is kinda ugly and annoying to use compared to stock app, but there are really no GREAT facebook apps right now :/