Sudden reboots while using phone and GPS navigationSupport

Last Updated:

1. g1bJ1

g1bJ1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday I was using Google GPS navigation for turn-by-turn directions when I needed to place a phone call. I kept the navigation operating when I placed the call. After a couple minutes the phone reboot itself while I was actively in the call.

Today I wanted to see if I could duplicate the behavior. I launched navigation, selected a destination, and started to drive. I placed a call while navigation was still running. After a few minutes, the phone reboots in the middle of the call.

Anyone else experience this or is willing to try this out and see if you can duplicate it? Software version 2.2 (not rooted), hardware version 0003.

I'm near the end of my 30 eval, wanting to know if I should ask for a new EVO if that's the fix. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

3. g1bJ1

g1bJ1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the links. I read and searched but there doesn't seem to be a fix for this that I've found.

I've done a factory reset to take the phone back to stock, disabled background data, used 3G only, but in all cases the device reboots when using the phone and navigation at the same time.

I'm certain this isn't specific to my device as I had someone else test this on the latest 0004 hardware version and they experienced the same result.