• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden Signal Problems

aml1025

Android Enthusiast
Jan 31, 2013
Twin Cities, MN
I've got a (Sprint Prepaid, stock and non-rooted) Volt that's been activated on RingPlus since Christmas, bring used by my 14 year old daughter. It had been working fine up until the last week of August, when it suddenly began having periods of lost signal - no bars and red X over them. The problem seems to come and go at random. There are three other Sprint-based phones in the household having no signal problems, so I don't think it's a tower issue.

So far I've only tried the basics: updating profile and PRL, hard restart (not reset), and ##72786#. Since I didn't get the phone through RingPlus, I doubt they'll be able to help very much. Other than resetting the device, is there anything I haven't right of? We're hoping to avoid having to go through LG for a replacement; both because I'd be leaving a teenager without a cell phone, and because I'm unsure if another similar Volt will be able to get on RingPlus (due to the February rule changes).

Thanks for any ideas! I feel like I'm missing something obvious here...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones