Suddenly battery time decreased twofolds, any idea why?Support

Last Updated:

1. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last week I noticed that my battery lifetime decreased two folds. I used to be able to go by without charge for a good 24 hours if I used it moderately. Now all of a sudden my battery goes down 50% in less than 4 hours of same moderate use. I didn't install any new softwares, I tried closing running apps, I even installed task killer and tried using it to kill running on the back ground apps, but nothing helps (uninstalled task killer same result). What is wrong with this crap? I didn't root or did anything else different than two weeks ago... What a heck?
    I know that 2.2 OTA release will help with the battery life (at least that is what they promise), but nobody knows when this release will be available and meanwhile I am suffering from dead battery in less than 8 hours of moderate use.

Advertisement
  2. tacovic

tacovic Active Member

same thing happened to me.

3. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

Download system panel and monitor your applications and try and narrow it down to something keeping the phone awake.

4. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dam this battery thing is just horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just changed battery to new one and same issue, the phone losing approximately 20% of its battery life in a simple stand by mode. It also takes freaking while for the phone to get battery juiced from USB charge from computer, its been staying on a charge from my PC for hour now and only gained 1% of battery charge. Something is very wrong with this phone and I can't figure out what it is?
    I used to be a great advocate of this phone, but now I don't know what to think anymore. The 2.2 upgrade been promised for months now and this battery issue killing all the joy out of owning this phone.