• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Suddenly cannot connect .....

Xandria

Mar 10, 2010
Portland area
I have not had many probs with my Hero until now. I have had it for 8 months. Yesterday I uninstalled a game. I tried to install a new game, but it was unsuccessful. I powered off, and then on, the phone. Still no luck. I tried some other programs, such as accessing my email, and I could not connect. A little while later, I took out the battery and restarted the phone, again.

The phone worked fine for about 14 hours, but now I cannot connect. I have tried to Update the PRL, but it doesn't do anything when I click it. I cannot connect to the internet, cannot send pix via text message, cannot refresh my email inboxes, etc.

I am starting to panic a little. I cannot go very long without being connected, you know?

If anyone has help ideas, please let me know!

TIA :eek:

I would try turning mobile networks off and back on again. Menu/settings/wireless & networks/mobile network. Uncheck it..wait a minute oir so, then check it again.

Are you getting any error messages?

I did that, about 3 times. It says "connected" and I don't get an error message at that point. However, I still cannot access a browser or my email.

Upvote 0
I have a HTC Hero that I got from a Sprint store earlier this year. Recently any application that involves an internet connection (mainly Facebook, Google Maps, the Internet Browser, Weather.com, Market) won't work at all. I am still able to make and receive calls and text messages, but no avail on the internet.

I've tried resetting the phone, taking the battery out and putting it back in, making sure airplane mode isn't on, toggling with the Wifi, making sure Mobile Network is turned on... I'm not sure what it might be.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Currently on hold waiting for an advanced tech person....... but, the first person I talked to today said that many people with the Hero have been having internet probs for about 3 days. Hmmmm. Then she said it was a Google problem, not a Sprint problem. Then she had me check my "active profile" and when I told her it was "0" (not "1") she sent me to "escalation."

Still on hold....

Upvote 0
I have not been able to get my Hero online for 3 days. I called Sprint who told me that there is a massive outage. I have not seen anyone talking about this on here, but was wondering if anyone else is having internet issues with their Hero (through Sprint).

I have been told by escalation at tech support to take my phone into a Sprint store. :( Wish me luck!!!

Upvote 0
I have not been able to get my Hero online for 3 days. I called Sprint who told me that there is a massive outage. I have not seen anyone talking about this on here, but was wondering if anyone else is having internet issues with their Hero (through Sprint).

I have been told by escalation at tech support to take my phone into a Sprint store. :( Wish me luck!!!

This is cetainly strange. Good luck, and let us know!

Upvote 0
Ok!! So, on my way to the Sprint store, I decided to power my phone on and off one last time, just to see if there was any way I could avoid going to the Sprint Store!!

What do you know.... after 3 days of trying everything I could think of it has miraculously fixed itself. WHEW! I can get on line and check email and everything. :)

I suppose there was an outage in my area, and they have restored service? Regardless, I am once again a happy camper.

Upvote 0
Ok!! So, on my way to the Sprint store, I decided to power my phone on and off one last time, just to see if there was any way I could avoid going to the Sprint Store!!

What do you know.... after 3 days of trying everything I could think of it has miraculously fixed itself. WHEW! I can get on line and check email and everything. :)

I suppose there was an outage in my area, and they have restored service? Regardless, I am once again a happy camper.

Amazing! We like happy campers! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones