• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suddenly Locale profiles aren't working.

vincentp

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2009
Rochester, NY
So, I was using Locale for the past few days and it was working fine. Silly me, I added defaults to it so I can have the ringer at high volume when I'm not at work. Well, once I added the defaults, it no longer uses my "Work" profile. I know it's not a GPS issue, because I have it set based on time. I've checked and double checked the settings, and I cannot figure out why it is keeping me in default mode while I'm right in the middle of my work schedule.

Anybody else have this problem?

I haven't actually set mine up yet so I can't speak from experience, but I read that the location based profiles can take up to 10 minutes to activate in order to minimize impact on battery life. If it's constantly checking your location that would be pretty taxing for the battery.

On a somewhat related note, anybody try using FoxyRing yet? I downloaded it today but haven't set it up. Same concept as Locale, using location and time based presets, but it will also do it based on ambient noise. So if you're at work and its quiet it will turn the volume on the ringer down and then max it out if you're in a bar with lots of people around. Seems pretty cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones