Suddenly Missing Contact Pics in SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. Skywing

Skywing Member This Topic's Starter

I have my EVO running Fresh 0.3 and everything has been fine since I flashed it. I rebooted my phone and went into Messaging and found that none of my conversations had contact pictures associated with them anymore. I have tried clearing out all the messages and force stopping the Messaging app with no success. Anyone else encounter this and have a fix that doesnt involve wiping the device? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. djskunkdiesel

djskunkdiesel New Member

I have the same exact problem. Only thing is, I have wiped my device flashed a different ROM and same problem. Then I wiped again and went back to my old ROM still same problem, no contact pictures when in the SMS interface. If I had to make an educated guess as to what is causing it I would think it might be my backup and restore software. The next thing I am gonna try is backing up NAND. Flashing a fresh ROM, but not restoring my info from backup and creating a new contact and trying to send it a text and see if there are pictures there. I will post back the results.

Note: I use Titanium Backup to restore apps and settings after flashing different ROM's. So far it has been fabulous, but it is the only common denominator so far.

3. djskunkdiesel

djskunkdiesel New Member

After wiping and flashing a new rom and only restoring apps and not restoring settings my contact pictures are back in SMS interface.

I am going to manually put back in all my settings. I am not sure if Titanium Backup can be blamed since the other guy who was having this problem did not report whether or not he was using it. If anyone else has this same issue and uses my steps to solve it they should post a reply so we can submit a bug report to the folks at Titanium.