Suddenly Quit WorkingSupport

1. jcsgsheesley

jcsgsheesley Member

I got a Rezound in January. Last night, out of the blue, it quit working. It would freeze, not respond, then act like it might respond and freeze again. I did a battery pull, a system restore from settings, and several full hard factory data resets. Each time I tried the restore, it would freeze and want to 'force close' during the process.

Verizon will replace with a refurbished device, but I wish I knew what happened! The other thing that is odd, even with the hard reset (volume down, power button restore), it still remembered my gmail address to restore, so I know it didn't completely wipe it, but the restore itself kept wanting to force close during the process.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Diabolique

Diabolique Active Member

This might be a little late, but did you install any applications right before that happened? I'm no expert by any means, but that seems like the logical reason for a crash. Or have you figured out what happened yet? I'd like to know in case it happens to me.
  3. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

I agree, check all recent installed apps. Also check all recent updates, especially auto updates. I personally never allow auto update.
  4. jcsgsheesley

jcsgsheesley Member

I am suspicious of the instagram app. Won't be installing that again. Matter of fact, I'm going to try not to install any apps, as un-fun as thats gonna be :(
  5. Diabolique

Diabolique Active Member

Good to know. I do have instagram installed, and come to think of it, things started getting a tiny bit buggy after I installed it. Hmmm.