Suddenly there is no 3g signal ANYWHERE.Support

Last Updated: 2015-02-20 06:06:23
  1. MegaRat

MegaRat Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums so sorry if I'm not all that great at saying needed information.

But anyways, just yesterday my phone suddenly stopped getting no 3g signal continuously. It worked fine in the morning and then suddenly it was gone. The 3g signal will pop occasionally and 1 or 2 bars will appear and dissapear as well. Has anyone had the same issue? I'd blame the update but it started doing this a few days after the update.

Thank you anyone that helps.

My area is Sacramento, California if that is needed. I've also updated my PRL and Profile, though trying o update PRL again gives me an error.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Have you tried turning the phone off/on?

Modern smart phones are more like computers than phones and occasionally require a reboot to fix problems.
    ipswich12 likes this.
  3. MegaRat

MegaRat Member

Yes, I have turned it off and I have done a battery pull as well.

I don't know what the problem could suddenly be.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try updating your Profile and PRL
  5. MegaRat

MegaRat Member

Ok, after trying and trying to update both,it finally did updated both my profile and PRL again. I now do get signal next to a window ... but it still jumps up and down from 0-2. But, that's the only place I can get signal. I move aywere else and the signal goes to 0. Ikm trying the texting method to see how long text messages take to arrive or send. Not woking very well.
  6. MegaRat

MegaRat Member

Bump

Has anyone else had this issue happen suddenly? Has anyone found a fix or know what may be causing the issue? :confused:
  7. rounsy222

rounsy222 Well-Known Member

Possibly could be coincidence and you have a network issue. You could call sprint and see. Btw, another way to reset the radio is to toggle it into airplane mode and then back off.
  8. snowdream

snowdream Member

I am having this issue, my husband has no issues having 3g but my epic keeps dropping it. It comes back on for me though after a reboot, but within a day I have to reboot again....annoying. does your 4g work when your 3g won't?
  9. fareal

fareal Active Member

The 3G indicator and the signal bars are two separate things. It sounds like you are having a signal strength issue and only getting 0 to 2 bars if lucky and therefore your 3G will not connect (3G icon). How many bars of signal did you used to get in that same location? If you go to another location (miles away, where you know you should get a good signal) does your signal strength still suck? Maybe go to a Sprint store where there are other Epics and compare yours to those in regards to signal.
  10. Predsboro71

Predsboro71 New Member

I, too, am having this problem. Prior to the update, my Epic 4g was an awesome phone. Now it's a pain in my neck.

I am now often without a "network connection" in places that always were strong before. I am beginning to think this phone is an Epic FAIL
  11. rounsy222

Should make sure your prl and profile are up to date.
  12. MegaRat

MegaRat Member

Alright, after my phone "magically fixed itself one day", the same problem has happened again. I'm really getting tired of this. Sprint really has been getting worse and worse with every day I'm using their service.

I wish Wi-Fi would let me send texts and e-mails.

I think I'm going to call Sprint to complain about their service. I doubt it is my phone or the update anymore.
  13. rounsy222

It could also be a billing issue on your account. I had this happen to me once when i had my bb tour. Somehow something got messed up on my account, they found and fixed the error and problem was fixed when billing cycle refreshed over night. A possibility maybe, if you are calling sprint anyways. Good luck.
  14. ipswich12

ipswich12 New Member

yeah it happened to me recently and i turned my phone off then on and it works again-i have a htc.
  15. kv36

kv36 Member

We have this same issue, It started after the new update from sprint for connections optimizer, if u turn it off, it still looks for 4g connection even though 4g is off and wifi is on my phone, it drains the battery like crazy, plus reboots a lot now, will be taking it to sprint store to see if they can uninstall this update.
  16. shutupdavis

shutupdavis New Member

When I flashed a new kernel my 4G/signal dissapeared for some weird odd reason im still trying to look online for a fix