1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for a good notes app?

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. I've been using the HTC Notes widget so far but it's seriously lacking in just about every useful feature (e.g. you can't edit notes that are done, you can't view all notes at once as a list).

Can someone recommend a good notes app that lets you make quick post-it type notes, but also lets you view them easily, and perhaps even make to-do lists and similar types of note-related tasks? I don't think I've seen a native to-do list app either.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. braj

braj Well-Known Member

NoteEverything does exactly what you describe :) it is awesome!

3. JohnJSal

The free version does everything?

4. chris100575

chris100575 Well-Known Member

Have a look at Colornote.

5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

When you like sketching, handwriting and texting on the same note, then take a look on 'DioMemo'.
    When you like, the app does a little OCR on your handwriting, too :)

But it isn't free :(

Harry

6. Happs

Happs Member

I use a combination of NoteEverything and GTasks, both awesome apps for slightly different uses.

7. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Sorry NoteEverything isn't free for full functionality, but totally worth it to me.

8. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

I use AK Notepad for general notetaking, and OI Shopping List for to-do lists (and Astrid for really important tasks, so that it shows in my agenda and I get constant reminders!).

9. wylie

wylie Active Member

10. JohnJSal

That one seems to be fairly popular, and does what I want, but based on the two screenshots in the Market, it looks a little...I don't know, silly, or amateurish. I guess it's all the colors or something. Is it customizable to look a little nicer than that?

11. SpicyTacoto

SpicyTacoto Well-Known Member

I like mobisle notes. Looks like a little note pad. No widget with it though.

12. Archphoto

Archphoto Well-Known Member

I like AndroNotes - it lets you add and change previous notes as well as giving you a list view and ability to email to yourself or anyone else.

Love the email part - can take notes on the road and email to my Producer to followup right away without needing to access my email.

Doesn't do the "To Do List" bit though, although you can easily set the heading as such and add/delete as you work through it.

13. Hk996

Hk996 Active Member

I went through this when I first got my phone... I came from a windows mobile phone and used the "notes" all the time... There were at least 4 notes programs that I tried (can't remember all of them right now), but the best one for me is noteverything. Reason I like this one is: it lets you sort. It lets you sort within folders (i think AK notes didn't do this), I am able to set up reminders and do photo notes (i was so happy with the app, I bought the full version) editing is available, you can backup to SD card.

Some of the other note programs were nice because you could sync them online and make changes there, but for me, the sorting part was huge.