1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion for app: voicemail alert Droid 2

Last Updated:

1. Maple Leaf

Maple Leaf New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am a new cell-phone owner. I am writing to mention an idea for an app. Maybe somebody would like to take advantage of my idea.

I have a Droid 2. I learned today that the blinking green light for message alert will blink unless and until I have opened up every single email, text message, voicemail. The green light doesn't differentiate between these types of messages. Because I receive dozens of unimportant emails every day, many of which I don't open, this in effect renders the blinking green ineffective in alerting me to any voicemails or missed calls. The green light will always be blinking because I will always have unread emails.

So, would it be possible that someone could write an app to make the phone play a repetitive sound or song, or whatever, to alert the user that there is specifically a new voicemail? Any type of visual or auditory alert which is different than the blinking green light would be useful for someone like me. (My main purpose in having the phone so that my elderly parents can call me in case of emergency.)

If anyone wants to take the idea and run with it, please do so. Or, if there is already such an app, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement