• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

suggestion for new service provider/ new rate plan

Do you think this kind of free rate plan should offered at these phone companies? READ POST FIRST!!!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
hello AF community,
Today i will be discussing an idea i had recently for a new type of phone service/ service provider, or a new rate plan for existing providers. If, after reading this post, you have any ideas to add onto this or have any questions, just comment in the comment section below. And now i will get to the idea.

Just the other day i was doing some research on free cell phone service providers. This attempt was a complete failure, although there is a company providing free service but you will end up paying an arm and a leg for a cheap phone. After this failed attempt to find free cell phone service i gave up on it and decided to just stick with using my texting and calling app. I was in the process of watching ads and downloading games to rack up some minutes when the "BIG QUESTION" hit me. Why don't these companies like t-mobile and Verizon have a free rate plan in which you would have to watch ads or download games to get minutes to put towards calls and texts? Its actually a simple, cheap thing to do and these major corporations can still make a profit off of it. Yes, there are government plans like this, but the only way you are able to receive these "free phones" are if you receive some kind of benefit like welfare or if your a senior citizen.

What could a rate plan like this possibly include?
  • Support for outdated android phones
  • The ability to add minutes by purchasing a minute card.
  • The ability to add minutes by watching ads, downloading apps, or signing up for credit cards and trial offers.
  • For the non-android users ( users of basic phones that do not have the touch screen capability) you would be able to earn minutes by using your PC to watch ads at your service providers website.
  • NO CONTRACT when you sign up through providers like t-mobile, Verizon, or sprint, that would usually have you trapped in a contract that you can only buy your way out of.
Does this seem like a good idea? Should i start some kind of patition to get this type of plan added into these companies' rate plans?

the freebie stuff for seniors is a total and absolute joke.

you get maybe 5 calls a month.... other than for 911 use, it is worthless.

I am 72 and on the government dole now, (I earned it the hard way by working all my life) and even though income is not overly flush, I pay full tilt for a decent phone service.

2 S5 phones, one Windows phone and one Galaxy S phone that is 4 years old but works great.
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON

Reactions: brett ricketts
Upvote 0
the freebie stuff for seniors is a total and absolute joke.

you get maybe 5 calls a month.... other than for 911 use, it is worthless.

I am 72 and on the government dole now, (I earned it the hard way by working all my life) and even though income is not overly flush, I pay full tilt for a decent phone service.

2 S5 phones, one Windows phone and one Galaxy S phone that is 4 years old but works great.

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail, Qi wireless equipped
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON
where are you located? i know that here in California you can get a free phone and unlimited calls and texts.

Upvote 0
NO NO NO! The biggest pain in the butt for most people is ads. If I want something I will research and buy it. Lets say you need to make an urgent call, your credit runs out and to make this call you have to watch poxy adverts!!
It will bomb!

How are you going to set up the infrastructure? You will need massive investment and collect peanuts!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones