[Suggestion] Forum Title - (Public Mobile) Warp rename to N860

1. ZTEW

ZTEW Well-Known Member

This section will probably gain more hits from google if N860 was added to the forum title. The name "Warp" is not mentioned anywhere with Public Mobile. On the phone, the packaging, in store, on the Public Mobile site, the phone is called the ZTE N860.

In the beginning it took a little while googling before I realized the Warp and the N860 were in fact the same phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

It is in your build.prop ;)
  3. ZTEW

ZTEW Well-Known Member

Sure, and I know you're just teasing. But to be clear to everyone, the point is when a Public Mobile user buys this phone they'll google "ZTE N860" for how to root. With the popularity of this forum, putting N860 in the title could very well make this one of the first results.
  4. Nelson37

Nelson37 Member

How about warp n860 !!! Lol
    I googled until i came acoss this forum ,happy!
  5. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

I'll pm a mod
  6. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Came up 5th in Google search results(ZTE Warp Public Mobile).
    Notified the higher ups that ya'll might want a change though:thumbup:
  7. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Also, I'll move this thread to the suggestion box and change the title to show where it came from. Thanks!
  8. ZTEW

ZTEW Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm saying a Public Mobile user wouldn't know to search 'Warp'... they would search 'N860'.
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Hmm, I think the same with the Optimus M and Optimus M Plus....it hasn't been a huge issue but some people who own the Optimus M Plus wandered into the old Optimus M forum by mistake.
  10. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I agree with this suggestion.

I shall pass this onto Phases and get things moving, although we may rename the overall section rather than the ATRs - this keeps in with our naming conventions in other sections.

Unless those phones have alternate names that can be added to the section title, then all we can do is to rely on staff to move them across. Any you can spot and report would be appreciated :)
  11. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Thanks for pointing out the thread Xyro - renamed the main and atr forums to be more appropriate.

Thanks
    Xyro likes this.
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Nah there's no alternate names, but people who own an Optimus M Plus will Google Optimus M instead...