Suggestion Market Place Application Like "timeriffic"General

Last Updated:

1. SGM-CO

SGM-CO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey fellow Eris users -

I've been using a nice widget called "Timeriffic". You can set up different notification profiles. 6:30 - 10:30pm I get all notifications. After 10:30pm I only get phone calls. Are you aware of a application that does this for email, wireless and other services as well? Was thinking it would be nice to set up a profile that stopped email polling at specific times to save battery life. I usually put the phone into airplane mode...but would like something automatic.

Let me know.

Your fellow droid user - SGM

Advertisement
  2. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member

Is automatic timing an important feature? If not, take a look at Quick Profiles. It can do all separate volume controls, wifi, BT, GPS, etc. It even does specific ringtones and wallpaper. I have separate profiles for work, car, home, bedtime, etc. Each is only two "clicks" away, or you can set each profile to a home screen shortcut so they are only one click...

3. SGM-CO

Thanks Dewalist. I'll look at Quick Profiles...but the automatic timing is really what I am looking for.

SGM

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I use Timeriffic as well, I think the automatic timing is extremely important.

5. dewalist

A lot of people seem to like that feature, but I just don't see the attraction... I'm not anywhere the exact same times every day. I never leave for work at the same time - it could vary by a half hour. Leaving work can vary by over an hour, and my bedtime varies even more. With the manual method, I just click a button on the way to the car, just before bed, etc - whenever that happens to be. How does the automatic way work for you guys?

6. SGM-CO

I'm a loser so my schedule is down to the minute day after day after day!!!

Actually...that has nothing to do with it. I really like the automatic feature of not having to worry about it. My profiles aren't complicated just 11pm no notifications other than phone calls (if anyone is calling me after 11 chances are it is a emergency) then the profile turns back on at 6:30am. I am trying to concern battery life so it would be nice to turn other services off as well. I don't need the device polling every 15 minutes, nor does it need to be talking to my wireless network.

My 2.3 cents if that!!

SGM

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Automatic dont work for me

i like to choose when my profile changes

quick profiles works well

i ended up with ear, some more features, and it tells you what profile you are on in the status bar.

8. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Same thing for me ... I start work at 7:00 and leave at 3:30 M-F, no changes. My wife works Sat and Sun night, so on those night my notifications turn down to 50% volume at 11 and then off completely at 1:30 in the morning because she is home by then. I havent forgotten to turn my ringer off at work since it does it automatically.

9. dewalist

I checked out ear as well, but found QP better for my purposes. I like that it can do individual volume levels (music/alarm/notification/etc) and change the screen timeout (useful in the car at night). QP does now have status bar notifications, but not the "ongoing" kind. I did send the developer an email a couple of weeks ago asking for that - he said he might consider it. :(

Since QP can change wallpaper too, if he could add the timed profiles as well, I would like it even more...