Suggestion! PleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. z21

z21 Member This Topic's Starter

Hii all...

I am seeking for suggestions from everone here about getting th X10. Just to give you guys little back ground the type of user I was earlier. I was a moderate user of N900 and loved the phone but got water damage, so just sold it I am looking for an andropi. I am living in West coast so, was thinking of getting the AT&T x10 and get it unlocked from somewhere. What do you guys thinking about it?

All you guy's suggestions and opinions will be greatly appreciated. :eek:

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

What do you plan on using the mobile for and any features that you might want/need?

3. z21

Multimedia and surfing the net and something that will make life easier.

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

AT&T crippled the phone somewhat by not allowing side loading of apps, so if this is a consideration for you then stay clear. You can download apps from the market tho. They have also forced the pattern lock too if I remember comments on the the forum correctly.

There has also been some concern over their timing on releasing the 2.1 update, so just a heads up on that too.

Sounds like I'm being all doom and gloom but I love my phone and am not sorry I got it. We've got some US users with AT & T on here so hopefully they can chip in their 2 pennies worth.

z21 likes this.
  5. z21

Ok, so that means the updated OS is not out yet? And are all updates over the air or do I need to u se USB for that.

6. z21

BTW is there a way you can push 2.2 even if the update is not available?

7. rosered

The update is slated its roll out from week 38 which is next week, but it will depend on your carrier how quickly you would get it.

And I don't think you can do 2.2 yet, the guys over at XDA are working hard at cracking the bootloader but its proving tricky. I don't think you can do it without that. I'm sure some of the more technically minded members will put me straight if I'm wrong.

8. z21

What if I am using unlocked, then?

9. rosered

Not even then. If the rooted phones could flash a higher firmware there would be a lot of rooted devices running at the very least 2.1 by now.