• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestions for doubleTwist

Hey all! I've been using doubleTwist for a while now, and I have to say I absolutely love it! I have a few suggestions though to make it more user-friendly (and stylish as well...I've always been one to love sporting sexy software, haha). Maybe a dev will see this and we'll get some wheels turning!

These are just a few things that doubleTwist doesn't have that sometimes make me switch back to my stock Samsung player, or the music mod player:

"Transparent" Now Playing
=other_music_apps_music_mod.png

"Album Art" Song Selection
snap20101123103954.png

The above screens are from Music Mod, and I absolutely love using it simply because it keeps my awesome wallpaper in-view when I'm on the now playing screen, and it shows off the album artwork that I worked OH SO HARD to get on my device when I'm selecting a song. Android sometimes seems fragmented, and bringing out album artwork and wallpapers into the UI in such a big way will make dT an easy way for users to have a more consistant experience.

"Disk-View" Album Selection
musicplayer.png

Yet another way to show off all that hard-earned album artwork. This is from Samsung's player and is their answer to Apple's Cover-Flow. With landscape orientation coming to doubleTwist (right?) This would be yet another way to spice up the interface with a piece of eye-candy that personally, I love.

doubleTwist has by far the best interface when it comes to usability and looks, but there are some competitors that have a leg up on UI design that makes them more appealing (even though doubleTwist is definitely more functional/stable). I just wanted to throw some ideas to the Android community and see if I'm the only one that thinks dT could take over the Android world if it were just a bit more sexy. =p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones