• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestions for next HTC one smartphone

Better camera for sure, I know the argument about ultra pixel and more mega pixels, but if you want to zoom in, you need more pixels. Simple.

Quad HD screen like the LG G3, that's a nice screen.

Bump processor speed/ram to just above standard at the time.

Keep everything else as is - unless the speakers can be even better of course.

Upvote 0
I'd prefer the opposite: bit smaller, and don't waste processor power or battery on a qHD screen. Waterproofing would be appreciated. 64 bit processor not needed now but would be sensible future-proofing. And as Android 5 supports raw readout for cameras try to exploit that and don't hide it. And concentrate on dynamic range for the camera sensor.

Upvote 0
Better camera for sure. I returned my m8 because it was difficult to get decent pictures. I have 3 year old twins and they present almost continuous photo opportunities, but I usually ended up with a child-colored blur. I have no desire to become a camera expert just to take pictures with a phone. OIS would be enough to make me happy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones