Suggestions on syncing 1500 images from Picasa to Inc?Support

Last Updated:

1. jsjames

jsjames Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have 1500 pictures inside many sub folders in Picasa. I want to sync them to my phone (as reduced resolution). I was hoping the do this through Picasa web albums but you can't snyc sub folders.
    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to have access to these iamges on my phone? I could use a PC snyc tool if necessary. But it would be nice to have an automated solution that would "watch" a certain folder and its subfolders.

Advertisement
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

transfer them to flikr and set up flikr on the phone. There will be a tab in your gallery to access them directly.

3. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

is there any "picasa" app for android phones?

4. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

but BEWARE that if you sync flickr with friendstream your phone will never sleep.

5. jsjames

jsjames Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Plus Flickr is blocked at work, so that will be another problem for me.
    My best bet may be to try a software solution like Doubletwist? But I bet it can't resize images before syncing. I don't want to images to take up 5GB as they do in original size on my PC.

6. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

Really? I never had that problem.

7. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Not very fancy, but you could just batch convert them and save to your SD card (or phone memory, I suppose).

I've used IRfan View for several years now. It's a fine [edit]and free[/edit] photo viewer and it'll batch convert large numbers of photos to, say, 25% of their original size and allow you to pick a destination folder for the converted files (It doesn't mess up or alter the original files).

8. Makavetis

Makavetis Well-Known Member

i have 1,500 art images on my phone. i just simply created a folder art and theyre all ion there, separate from downloaded photos or photos.

I too would like to know if theres a easier way, for instance what a paint to scroll all the way down through 1,500 images if i need one on the bottom, is there an easier way?

9. badwing

badwing New Member

10. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I have read that if you download the Gallery apk, you can then set your phone to sync with Picasa; including sub folders. There is a 2.1 version a well as 2.2 version that is said to support our 8mp camera.
    I also use Picasa tool pro to upload my phone camera photos to Picasa.