Suggestions?

Last Updated:

1. livxsiv

livxsiv New Member This Topic's Starter

What's up guys?

New member here, and soon to be new android user.

That's where my question comes in! Being a Sprint customer for the past two years now, I gotta' say; I'm very satisfied with their network! A solid network, with the possibility of a 4G Android device in the future makes me salivate. My phone updgrade date just recently kicked in, and I'm at a crossroads...

Do I get the Moment, or the HTC Hero? I've listed some key points below...

- The faster processor of the Moment, as well as the possibility of overclocking appeals to me, since future updates like 2.1+ may not be able to run on the slower processor of the Hero.

- I really enjoy the slide out keyboard on the Moment, I'm so used to physical keyboards that I don't really want to switch over to a touch screen. However, the multi-touch keyboard on the Hero looks impressive, as does the slimness of the phone.

- AMOLED... Enough said

- 5MP vs. 3.2MP.... Is there a noticeable difference?

Will I notice a difference in the speeds of the two devices? Does the slower processor of the Hero make it laggy? What about updating to future firmwares, will I be able to do that with either of these phones?

Help fellow forum members! What do I do? I'm upgrading from a Palm Centro... The original, out of date version, so whatever Android I do get; it will be leaps and bounds above what I have now.

Thanks in advance guys!

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

I don't recommend the Moment, simply because Samsung is terrible with OS updates and there doesn't seem to be much of a development community around the device, so you can't even get 2.1 via custom ROMs. The Hero, on the other hand, is a fine device, has a large developers' community to support/tinker with it and will receive an update that'll bring it to 2.1 like the cool kids come April or so.

3. Dand

Dand Member

I would recommend that you hold off and wait for the nexus one, a cdma version of the phone was just sent to the FCC and rumors are flying all over the place that it will be heading to Sprint. I personally have the moment and have no complaints towards it there is a small development community for it over at sdx-developers.com the phone has been rooted and there are some ROM's for it. That being said the hero does have a much larger user base and I have always been a fan of htc products. What it comes down to is if the faster processor and keyboard make up for the lack of customization that is available on the hero.

4. lildegregs22

lildegregs22 Well-Known Member

I have the hero and i only experience lag once and awhile but i have the phone packed with goodies, but now that I switched to Gumbo rom i haven't had any lag at all and the onscreen keyboard isn't a hassle at all i think it is much quicker than a physical keyboard but in all and all it's what you want. So if you really want my opinion I think you should go with the HTC Hero just because it is a very sleek phone with many dedicated developers. :)