1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!

Sum vison tablet - No contact or people app

1. tomd84

tomd84 New Member

hello everyone. i just got my new tablet with ice cream sandwich and its missing the people ap, i can't access my synced contact! or create or make any contact at all!!! does anyone know how i can fix it

Thanks Tom :)

Advertisement
  2. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

Generic tablet....this kind of things happen.

To fix it, go to the play store and download something like GO! Contacts
  3. twobitsis

twobitsis New Member

Hello, I am having the same problem, no contact or people. play store lists GO! contacts as not compatable. Others I have download just fold up and close. no errors.

Thanks
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

5. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

Did you log in on the play store?

I wouldn't thinl you could download from the play store with this tablet. Usually with these type tablets you need to use getjar or amazon markets? See if you can download gmail or go contacts that way. Worth a try?
  6. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member

I may be stupid here but being a tablet (and not a phone) doesn't this mean certain apps won't be included that are usually phone-specific? such as contacts, dialer, and such?
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

It should still be able to do contacts even though it's not a phone, because they're used for e-mail and IM.

Perhaps the Sum Vision really intended this tablet just for watching movies and playing games?
  8. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

It's probably beat to get a new and more offical android tablet
  9. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member

my Coby Kyros didn't have it either, so I just assumed it was a phone-specific feature. sometimes the ROM is edited by the maker of the tablet, so they may have opted not to include them for that reason?
    mikedt likes this.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Yup, that's what it is. My Chinese Ampe tablet has contacts. It's not a cell-phone, there's no dialler or phone app, and there's no 3G built-in either. However I have installed Skype and I do have Skype-Out. So if I do open a contact, one of the options is to make a VOIP call using Skype Out. It has a built-in in mic and speaker, I can plug a head-set in as well.