• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

summer colds sucks!!!!

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys,
    i'm just getting over this stupid cold. i really hate it. its hot and i feel like my butt right now. too tired to move and i can't tell if it is the heat or a fever. (just took my temp its 97.8 so its not a fever, thank god). i just hate it.

sorry i needed a place to vent my miserableness. so please ignore this thread. lol

but what has been working for me is theraflu. that thing knocks me out cold and i have been getting decent rest so far.

try a hot toddy. the theraflu, one shot of whiskey, and a table spoon of honey, all mixed together, then bed. will have to change sheets the next day due to sweating so much and might have to do a second day and then will snap out of it. don't know why or how, maybe a chemical reaction or something but works great!!!!!:D

never heard of thera flu being in the middle of that concotion. i heard it was hot water, lemon juice and whiskey. but i like your version better. might have to try that tonight.

Upvote 0
    try a hot toddy. the theraflu, one shot of whiskey, and a table spoon of honey, all mixed together, then bed. will have to change sheets the next day due to sweating so much and might have to do a second day and then will snap out of it. don't know why or how, maybe a chemical reaction or something but works great!!!!!:D

so i tried my own concoction of this and DAMN it worked. i took some lemon ice tea mixed in a shot of whiskey and put that over ice. i then heated up the theraflu with a half cup of water until dissolved. and then mixed it in with my iced tea. and probably within the half hour of polishing this down, i was out cold. i had a good solid 8 hours of pure sleep.

i feel a lot better now. the only thing that sucks now is that i'm asthmatic. but it only gets really bad when i'm sick. so now i need to wait to all that stuff in my lungs clear out and i'm good to go.

Reactions: cwhatever
    Upvote 0
    I feel your pain ocnbrze, I had my bout with a summer cold in June. It sucks when the weather is nice and you can't even enjoy it.

yeah what sucks was that i had requested the weekend and the past few days off of work for a little vacation. but i could not really do much because i'm sick. i hate it when it takes away my vacation time. soooooo laaaaame:mad::(

Upvote 0
    yeah what sucks was that i had requested the weekend and the past few days off of work for a little vacation. but i could not really do much because i'm sick. i hate it when it takes away my vacation time. soooooo laaaaame:mad::(

I lucked out I guess, came down with it on my last day of vacation. It was fathers day though.:rolleyes:

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    so i tried my own concoction of this and DAMN it worked. i took some lemon ice tea mixed in a shot of whiskey and put that over ice. i then heated up the theraflu with a half cup of water until dissolved. and then mixed it in with my iced tea. and probably within the half hour of polishing this down, i was out cold. i had a good solid 8 hours of pure sleep.

i feel a lot better now. the only thing that sucks now is that i'm asthmatic. but it only gets really bad when i'm sick. so now i need to wait to all that stuff in my lungs clear out and i'm good to go.
    i know a late reply, but as soon as start feeling bad, do this 2 or 3 nights in a row and good to go. you might sweat really bad at night and sleep good though, but will have to change sheets. this is what gets the bad out.

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones