• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Time is Grillin Time

Last night I had a big party down on my lease at the river. I grilled out burgers and brats. I baked some beans in a dutch oven. Everything tastes better in the woods.
This morning I fixed breakfast burritos for the masses. I again used the dutch oven for the sausage, potatoes, onions, peppers, eggs and cheese. I had some great coals to cook with from the left over huge fire we kept going most of the night. Was a great time.. and good eats.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Down into the 20s last night. Good thing the bird bath is heated. :) That has nothing to do with grilling, but I have nothing to grill and my wife does all the meal planning. We had some Venison hamburger , but she used it in a hotdish. Maybe we have more in the freezer. It pays to have friends that hunt. My buddy hunts in here and in the U.P. and he has given us some really tasty meat. Our neighbor takes off Oct. and Nov. to come up here and hunt grouse. He must be really good at it as last year he gave us a couple great tasting birds. He got married last Nov. though. I gave up hunting 18 years ago, but that is a story for another time.

Upvote 0
As a child, my good buddy lived with his aunt and uncle. The uncle was an avid hunter and a master at grilling and smoking wild game. I have no recipes, he died when we were in high school. :( I well remember eating his smoked duck and goose... fantastic.
He fixed spicy venison burgers that were just out of this world.

He was just a great cook. He volunteered a great deal of his time cooking for the local VFW. The leftovers often followed him home and became a real treat around my friend's house. Mountain oyster nights and frog leg nights were something all of us kids looked forward to. :) I can't stop typing about the guy until I make mention of his crawdad jambalaya.... OMG

Upvote 0
Oh I bet so. About 40 years ago I attended a huge family reunion of my wife's. She is German / Bohemian decent. I don't know where they got the meat but they grilled out brats and sausages for like 250 people. Lots of beer and polka lol. But I still remember that meat. My mouth waters just thinking about those spicy sausages. By far the best I ever tasted. They weren't hot.. they weren't spice like Italian. They were.. well German / Bohemian. :) I'm here to tell you... those folks Know how to eat and party.

Upvote 0
The end of Daylight Savings Time is not a challenge for a determined griller.

NightGrilling_zps244bdc68.jpg

Upvote 0
I grilled out some hot dogs the other night. That's not really grilling lol but it's all I've done all week. I am going out of town Saturday and have to work all of Sunday so no grilling again this weekend. :( I'm in the mood for a thick steak!

I am having a freeze out at my lease at the end of the month. Rain, snow, sleet, or shine I'll be grilling something in the woods. It's an end of the season party that will be attended by the hearty lol. We'll have a big fire going... lots of brewskis. No heat in the cabin lol so wear your woolies and bring your heaviest sleeping bag.

It's always fun.. the adventure of it all. Food tastes so good cooked out in the cold and wild like that. I think I'll grill out some brats and make a big pot of spicy chili. Breakfast burritos work well for in the morning so that's most likely breakfast. Lots of black coffee... a MUST lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones