• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Time is Grillin Time

I was feeding ten lol. I cooked steak and chicken and everyone had some of each. I fried some potatoes with onions and squash and baked some beans. All in all it was pretty good eating. Everything is great when you are camping.

It was windy and the new grill suffered some because of it. I couldn't get it to get over 450 degrees to sear the steaks. It's not the greatest of grills.. but worth 179 bucks I guess.

Upvote 0
I like to cheat lol. I have cooked some meals over coals from the fire. Dutch ovens and coals from the fire... you can make about anything. I have baked beans, sausage/eggs/onions/peppers/potatoes for breakfast burritos, and some wonderful cobblers.

I have some long handled three pronged forks for cooking hot dogs that I have cooked over the open fire. I have a couple of long handled baskets that I have used to cook burgers over the open fire. Marshmallows are a given :)
I don't mind cooking over a fire but I do enjoy the controlled fire that I get with a grill.

Reactions: jbenham
Upvote 0
a-pictures-130.jpg

drools

Reactions: olbriar and jbenham
Upvote 0
I usually manage a discount as well from my butcher. Wife works at the store.. he holds stuff for favorite customers and marks them down. You have to be there at the right time. That plays well into working there.
:)

I don't mind paying full price for a great steak. I'm all into bargains but a great steak is worth it's price.. whatever that is. I just hate paying any price, cheap of expensive, for a sub par piece of meat.

Upvote 0
I have seen that grill. As a matter of fact, I gave it some consideration for the cabin. A very interesting idea a would be very versatile. I decided to go with a cheap propane for now... but I'm still working towards a built in propane grill. They make some nice ones made to set into brick or stone.... I'm leaning towards going that way.
It could be much cheaper to build a cooker from scratch. All of the parts can be easily had. One still has the problem of constructing a burn box and good long lasting grates. It's in the future so I have time to R&D and dream. :)

Upvote 0
It's not the "does everything perfect" tool. I sure like it though. Mine will only get to 500 degrees F. It takes a calm day for that to happen. I wouldn't mind a hotter grill for searing my steaks. There is no rotisserie on my unit. I always enjoyed spinning a couple of chickens.. so I miss that some. But.. like I said, I do like it and if I had to, I'd replace it with another in a heart beat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones